Newly revised COVID-19 policy:
– We continue to practice diligent cleaning and sterilization procedures before and after each patient encounter.
– We continue to strongly urge all patients to utilize our Virtual Visits for their safety, our safety, and the safety of others.
– We recommend and encourage all patients to wear masks but believe this is a personal decision and not a requirement.
– We will no longer be wearing masks due to the great difficulty in communicating with patients behind a mask. Patient education is our primary focus. If you would like us to wear a mask, please ask and we will be happy to accommodate.
– All patients must limit any accompanying guests to one person only.
Neurology in Oklahoma
Yukon Neurology was founded by David R. McCoy, M.D. in 2018. It is a very small, independent medical practice that focuses on the patient-physician relationship. There are no shareholders, administrators, lawyers, or CEOs getting in the way. Yukon Neurology is intentionally and deliberately unaffiliated with any of the hospital systems. At Yukon Neurology, the patient is truly the center of attention.
Dr. McCoy is a native Oklahoman who grew up in the West Oklahoma City/Yukon area. He attended Putnam City North High School where he graduated with a diploma with distinction.
He attended the University of Central Oklahoma on an academic scholarship and graduated summa cum laude, which is the highest academic honor awarded by the University.
In order to achieve a diverse education, he left his home in Oklahoma to attend medical school at the prestigious Saint Louis University School of Medicine, which is the oldest and most historic medical school west of the Mississippi River. During his medical education he achieved high academic honors in the majority of his coursework, especially Neuroscience and Neurology.
He returned to Oklahoma City where he completed an internship in General Internal Medicine at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. He continued at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center to complete his specialty training at Oklahoma’s only ACGME-accredited Neurology Residency Program.
Dr. McCoy is fully licensed by the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision to practice medicine without restriction. He is board certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and the National Board of Physicians and Surgeons. He is also a member of the American Academy of Neurology. Dr. McCoy is the only board-certified neurologist in all of Canadian County.